Today we go Behind the Podium with the Founder and Head Coach of Windy City Strength and Conditioning—Justin Marcis. Justin opened Windy City CrossFit in 2007—the first CrossFit in Chicago. He believes the quality of our health determines the quality of our lives—and nothing is more important than that. He believes real fitness is about strengthening and conditioning your mind and body so you can get out there, explore the world, seek new adventures and be the person you were meant to be. This was a really inspiring conversation for both of us – we hope you enjoy it too!
We chat about:
- How the blueprint of having a Mission, Vision and Core Values can guide your business and branding
- What it means to “lead from the front”
- How to build a program for a new client that truly gets to the root of what they need (even if they’re not clear)
- How nobody really cares how much you know, they care about how you make them feel
For references of everything mentioned in this episode, head over to www.behindthepodiumpodcast.com.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review and share with your friends and colleagues!
- Windy City Strength & Conditioning
- Watch the video Justin mentioned: https://vimeo.com/62716181
- Simon Sinek – Start with Why
- Opex Fit Remote Coaching and Coaching Education
- The Tenents of CrossFit
- Win Forever: Live, Work, and Play Like a Champion by Peter N. Carroll