Today we go behind the podium with a coach, movement connoisseur, business owner, author, martial artist, and ambassador of ambition and continual growth and improvement, Max Shank. Max owns and coaches at Ambition Athletics in Encinitas, California, has written the following books Ultimate Athleticism, Simple Shoulder Solution, and Master the Kettlebell, and, most recently, has birthed the 5 Minute Flow Revolution.
In this episode we discuss:
- How best to serve clients needs
- How Max deals with jet lag and demanding travel schedules
- How killing time is just as stupid as burning calories
- How “I don’t know” is the most honest answer
- How to stack the deck in your favor to accomplish anything
- Why training masks are a waste of time when it comes to building endurance
For references of everything mentioned in this episode, head over to www.behindthepodiumpodcast.com.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review and share with your friends and colleagues!
- Find Max at:
- Max’s Books and Online Courses
- Ambition Athletics
- Write Everything Right!: Let the world’s highest-paid writers show you the secrets of making readers love your: e-mails, letters, memos, blog, … website and yes, especially your résumé! by Denny Hatch (book)
- The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business by Patrick M. Lencioni (book)
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin (book)
- Wim Hof Method