Today, Jared and Alex go behind the podium with Isabelle Barter, a coach and movement educator that has an insatiable appetite for continuing education. Isabelle is the founder of Stronger Human and Movement is My Medicine, a 200-hr experienced registered yoga teacher, Yoga Tune Up® teacher, Strong First Kettlebell Level 1, Z-Health, Functional Range Conditioning, and the Functional Movement Screen.
We talk about
- How there is no substitute for time when mastering your craft
- How to select a coach and why coaches need coaches too
- What do “aligned” and “alignment” really mean when it relates to movement?
- You can’t assume someone is in pain just because of how they stand or move
- Why we shouldn’t create fear around “bad alignment”
- Why play will be the most important thing for the younger generation
- Why sore is not always better
- and so much more! You really should stop reading this and listen to the episode 😉
For references to everything mentioned in this episode, head over to www.behindthepodiumpodcast.com.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review and share with your friends and colleagues!
- Isabelle’s site – StrongerHuman.com
- Yoga Tune Up Courses
- Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, 3rd edition by Mark Rippetoe et al.
- Cristian G. Plascencia B.S. Movement Coach @ Onnit Academy
- Functional Range Conditioning
- Z-Health Training Performance Solutions
- Elizabeth Wipff and our interview with her in Episode 6
- Wing Chun martial arts
- Katy Bowman + Nutritious Movement
- Greg Lehman RECONCILING BIOMECHANICS WITH PAIN SCIENCE
- Dr. Stuart M. McGill – spine mechanics
- How to Heal Your Metabolism: Learn How the Right Foods, Sleep, the Right Amount of Exercise, and Happiness Can Increase Your Metabolic Rate and Help Heal Your Broken Metabolism by Kate Deering
- Jules Mitchell – Interesting study on hot yoga and levels of exertion and core temperature.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson