Today, Jared and Alex go behind the podium with Dan Roberts, the founder of Barbell Inspired and a coach that stays hungry for all things related to optimizing health and the world of strength and conditioning. He is currently the gym manager at California Elite Training Center, head coach at CrossFit DCS and is the media manager for the upcoming US Open Powerlifting Championships in April 2017.
- How your set up and approach will always depend on the client in front of you
- Why movement and variability matters
- How to motivate kids and adults to learn any skill
- Why working with clients who align with your WHY is more fulfilling than working with loads of people
- How being transparent as a coach is the best way to practice what you preach
For references to everything mentioned in this episode, head over to www.behindthepodiumpodcast.com.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review and share with your friends and colleagues!
- Dan’s Info: Barbell Inspired, Instagram @CoachDanRoberts
- CrossFit DCS
- CrossFit Manifesto – What is CrossFit?
- Mark Bell Seminars
- Move Your DNA: Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement by Katy Bowman
- CrossFit Kids Seminars
- Dr. Kirk Parsley and Adrenal Fatigue
- Simon Sinek Start with Why
- Ido Portal Movement Culture