Today, Jared and Alex go behind the podium with Kelly Starrett – a coach, physical therapist, best-selling author, thought leader, surfer, paddler, Olympic Lifter, Power-Lifter, CrossFitter, dancer, science fiction lover, podcaster, father, husband, business owner, and ambassador of SUPPLENESS.
Kelly has revolutionized, democratized, and mobilized the public’s understanding and ability to perform basic maintenance on themselves, so they can improve their performance and eliminate pain. He wants YOU to be as user proficient with your body’s machinery as you are with your smartphone. Kelly is also the best-selling author of Becoming a Supple Leopard, Ready to Run, and Deskbound.
- The importance of giving credit where credit is due
- If you want to go fast, go by yourself – if you want to go far, take someone with you
- How we need to continue to be in service of the coaches and athletes we serve
- What the cue “knees out” really means
- How you should approach all aspects of your business with the goal of solving a problem
- “To talk of bulls is not the same as being in the bull ring”
For references to everything mentioned in this episode, head over to www.behindthepodiumpodcast.com.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review and share with your friends and colleagues!
- Kelly Starrett – Instagram & Twitter
San Francisco CrossFit
MobilityWod (Training Courses and daily videos)
The Ready State (Kelly’s podcast/audio project)
First of Many Beat Downs | Feat. Kelly Starrett | Ep. 1 | MobilityWOD
- Gray Cook Movement
- Katy Bowman – Nutritious Movement
- Conscious Coaching: The Art and Science of Building Buy-In by Brett Bartholomew
- Pavel Tsatsouline
- Jill Miller
- Thomas Myers and Anatomy Trains
- The Rise of Superman: Decoding the Science of Ultimate Human Performance by Steven Kotler
- John Berardi of Precision Nutrition
- Complex Organizations: A Critical Essay by Charles Perrow
- Coach Burgener Explains The Burgener Warm-up – YouTube
- Todd Davenport, PT, DPT, MPH, OCS