What does it mean to fully embody and live your why on a daily basis? We go behind the podium with Laura Ahrens, a coach, yoga teacher, yoga teacher-trainer, published-audible movement narrator, singer, piano player, harmonium player, graduate of The University of Arts with a bachelor of fine arts, Harry Potter fan, co-owner of a fashion company, recipient of a signature menu item named after her at Whole Heart Provisions in Boston, and an aspiring superhero with the power to re-align parked cars to make more space.
Laura holds a 200-hour certification in Hatha Vinyasa, a 200-hour plus advanced certifications in Forrest Yoga, and completed a year-long mentorship under the guidance of Dr. Heidi Sormaz and is currently in her 500-hour yoga therapy training with Sarahjoy Marsh at the DAYA Foundation.
Moreover, she co-created The New School of Yogic Arts—a teacher training school for those who want to learn to teach the practice of yoga as a living system that breathes differently in each body. Laura can be found teaching vinyasa and core flow classes at Coolidge Corner Yoga in Brookline, MA and at Sadhana Yoga in Boston, MA.
- What it really means to live your practice
- Why intention must be met with action
- How to introduce yoga to new students
- Finding a mentor and the loneliness of the hero’s journey
- How the more you study and learn, the less you actually know
- Why it’s important not to include new information before you have digested it
- Why having a foundation before you innovate is critical
- and more!
For references to everything mentioned in this episode, head over to www.behindthepodiumpodcast.com.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review and share with your friends and colleagues!
- Laura Ahrens Website
- Laura on Facebook
- Laura on Instagram
- Reconnection Retreat to Apoyo Lodge with Laura – January 2018
- The New School of Yogic Arts
- Metta Earth Institue
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- Rachel Rodgers – Rodgers Collective
- Coolidge Corner Yoga
- Sadhana Yoga
- Forrest Yoga with Ana Forrest
- Jack Kornfield – Author, Buddhist practitioner
- The Yoga Sutras of Patañjali: A New Edition, Translation, and Commentary by Edwin F. Bryant
- J Brown Yoga Talks Podcast – Amy Matthews – “Ordinary Magic” – Embodied Asana Teacher, co-founder Babies Project, purveyor of possibility
- Leslie Kaminof – The Breathing Project
- Sarahjoy Marsh – yoga teacher