What sets an outstanding coach from just a coach? Is it their ability to teach beyond just the technical skills? On this episode, we sit down with Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo and discuss how to become a masterful coach and teacher. Steph is a coach, former high school biology teacher, weightlifter, chef, author, mountain biker, soccer player, CrossFitter, podcaster, blogger, photographer, nutritionist, wife, cat lover, Twitter romancer, and Lord of the Rings fan.
Steph is the creator of the critically acclaimed, widely popular, and OG paleo website Stupid Easy Paleo. Her podcast, Harder to Kill Radio – Forging Unbreakable Humans, brings together the best experts in fitness, nutrition, sleep, and mindset about how to build unbreakable humans.
She is the published author of The Paleo Athlete: A Beginner’s Guide to Real Food for Performance, and The Performance Paleo Cookbook: Recipes for Training Harder, Getting Stronger and Gaining the Competitive Edge. Additionally, you can find her coaching Weightlifting at CrossFit Fortius in San Diego, CA.
- Deciding what to call yourself and titles that are clear and authentic
- Why we should be asking people why they do what they do vs. what they do
- Why working from your why will keep you from being boxed in
- What sets outstanding coaches and mentors apart
- The difference between teaching and learning
- Why having a coach is so important, even when you are a coach
- Why strength can be letting go and saying no to something
- Why social media is preventing human connection
- and more!
For references to everything mentioned in this episode, head over to www.behindthepodiumpodcast.com.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review and share with your friends and colleagues!
- Steph’s Site Stupid Easy Paleo
- Steph on IG
- Harder to Kill Radio – Forging Unbreakable Humans
- Simon Sinek – Start With Why
- The Talent Code: Greatness Isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How. by Daniel Coyle
- Harder to Kill with Dr. Anastasia Boulais – I Love Me S2E5