Today we are going behind the podium with Ryan Smith, a coach, doctor of physical therapy, gym owner, soccer player, wrestler, CrossFit coach, alumnus of Ohio State University, former bartender of Figlio Wood-Fired Pizza, a self-proclaimed bookworm, craftsman, vivacious learner, and all around genuine good dude.
Specifically, our guest is the Chief Operating Officer, Head Coach/programmer for Recharge HoCo CrossFit. As a physical therapist, he specializes in treating individuals who participate in CrossFit, Olympic Lifting, Powerlifting, and other recreational sports activities. Most recently, this guest completed the 10-day craftsmanship workshop at Oak Park Los Angeles where I, personally, had the pleasure of getting to work and go surfing with him.
- What you need to know about pain
- Why being catastrophic about pain isn’t helpful
- How “you can’t cheat feel”
- How to help your clients be autonomous with their bodies and movements.
- Why it’s important to test your body to see what you can do.
- Why being a coach over physio (or another label) is important
- Why gradual training is important whether you are an athlete or not.
This episode is sponsored by Procabulary – learn how the words you say and think can upgrade your life with the Core Language Upgrade. New language can uncover possibilities and opportunities to help you break through old patterns. Use the code “podium” at checkout to save $100.