Today we go Behind the Podium with mental skills and sport performance coach Katie McKee. Katie owns her own private consulting business, Elite Mind and Performance in Southern California. She consults with individual athletes, teams, and organizations training them in sports psychology skills and techniques as well as sports performance training aimed at helping them to improve their performance and increase their self-awareness as they strive to reach their potential.
We chat about:
- How to navigate loss after a change in identity (specifically a career ending injury)
- How to get to know new clients and what they need
- How to select clients and when to refer them out
- How being ok to fail can bring you success
For references of everything mentioned in this episode, head over to https://behindthepodiumpodcast.com/.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review and share with your friends and colleagues!
- Elite Mind and Performance – Katie’s Website
- Jill Miller – Yoga Tune Up
- Josh Landis – Landis Movement Systems
- Coaching Bad with Ray Lewis (TV Show)
- Boyhood (Movie)