Today, Jared and Alex go behind the podium with Valerie Hunt, a coach, Weightlifter, aerobics instructor, CrossFitter, business owner, gym owner, Pose Method® running specialist/master coach, Yoga Tune Up® therapy ball user/enthusiast, ice bath dabbler, Wim Hof ambassador, mother, wife, and bulldog lover.
Valerie is a veteran of the fitness/strength-conditioning world and currently owns and coaches out of BVM CrossFit in Austin and RunRx, her running mastery and instruction company. Valerie is also a coach of CrossFit HQ’s Pose Method specialty course.
- How running is a technical skill that needs to be taught
- Why balance should always be a part of your programming
- The moves you should check to see if you (or a client) is ready to run
- How to help clients see and feel how to run
- Walking as a skill and why position matters here too
- Why gravity is a critical component to proper running form
For references to everything mentioned in this episode, head over to www.behindthepodiumpodcast.com.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review and share with your friends and colleagues!
- BVM CrossFit
- RunRX – Running Technique, Instruction, and Coaching
- Valerie on Instagram
- Valerie and RunRX on YouTube
- RunRX Facebook
- Dr. Nicholas Romanov – developer of the Pose Method
- Yoga Tune Up and Jill Miller
This is a really interesting podcast! I love getting introduced to new concepts! Thx